Sunday, September 18, 2011

Meaning behind "Cavelle"

What is in a name?
A few years ago, during my engagement to be married, amidst all the bridal bliss and wedding planning, my mother stumbled upon a Yiddish word in an article that has no exact English translation. “Kvell” is a feeling of indescribable joy and pride, such as the feeling a mother has as she watches her daughter walk down the aisle. On my wedding day, my mother said that her feelings toward me could only be described as kvell. I found it fitting to use this feeling for a children’s clothing line; after all, our children are the ones that bring us indescribable joy and pride. I am completely Cavelle over the opportunity to share this clothing line with you and dress the little ones in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment